A dental implant is a bio-compatible titanium post (like a tooth root) that is surgically positioned into the jawbone beneath the gum line. Once the implant integrates with the jawbone, it is ready for the restorative phase of treatment. Today’s dental implant methods offer a wide range of tooth replacement solutions, including:
- Single tooth replacement
- Multiple teeth replacement
- Full upper or lower arch replacement
- Implant-supported dentures
THE MANY BENEFITS OF DENTAL IMPLANTS
Apart from your own teeth, nothing looks more natural than a beautiful all-porcelain crown supported by an implant. Dental implants are the most advanced tooth replacement treatment method ever devised. One important benefit of dental implants is that they slow the shrinking of bone (resorption) and gum tissue from the area of the missing tooth, thus preventing the sunken-face look of premature aging. About half of all Americans between the ages of 18 and 64 are missing at least one tooth.
- Over 90% of dental implants last longer than 15 years
- Dental implants never develop decay
- Dental implants never require root canals
- Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth
- Dental implants preserve jawbone and prevent the look of premature aging.
No one can be disqualified from dental implant treatment solely based on age – some patients receive implants when they are in their 80’s!
To learn more about dental implants in Plantation, call us or use the easy to use Appointment Request Form on our contact page to request a no-obligation consultation.
Yours in excellent dental health,
Craig H. Etts, DDS – your general family dentist in Plantation